Kim Kardashian West closing down KKW Beauty
Kim Kardashian West is shutting down KKW Beauty.
The 40-year-old star has told fans to bid farewell to her cosmetics range - which she founded in 2017 - as she's planning to relaunch the line as a "completely new brand" over the coming months.
She announced in a statement shared to her social media accounts: "To our loyal customers, It all started with a contour kit and expanded to eyes, lips, body, and many incredible collections over the past four years.
"On August 1st at midnight we will be shutting down the KKWBeauty.com site so that we can come back to you under a completely new brand with new formulas that are more modern, innovative, and packaged in an elevated and sustainable new look."
The 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' star teased she's got planned to "develop and expand" on her product range and will also improve her online shopping experience.
She added: "I'm excited to continue to develop and expand my product range and for you to finally be able to experience it the way that I have always envisioned.
"In addition, my team is hard at work to improve the customer shopping experience where you will be able to purchase my beauty and cosmetic offerings in all categories from one single website."
Kim promised fans won't have to wait too long to see what she's got planned.
She concluded: "Thank you so much for being on this incredible journey with me, and I promise we won't be gone for too long."
Despite speculation the change is because Kim is dropping the West from her name after splitting from husband Kanye West - the father of her four children - earlier this year, sources told TMZ that isn't the case and she currently has no plans to alter her moniker.
In June 2020, Coty paid $200 million for a 20% stake in KKW Beauty, valuing the business at $1 billion.
Reference: Bang Showbiz
- A Derm Explains The Link Between COVID & Allergic Reactions To Hair Dye
- What is hyperpigmentation and how can you treat your skin? From serums to laser
- Linda Evangelista: I have been 'permanently deformed' by fat-freezing procedure
- Chrissy Teigen reveals she's had fat removed from her face
- Skin Lightners - Toxic Beauty
- Hair Dyes and Contact Dermatitis - Toxic Beauty
- Some Chemicals Associated With Contact Dermatitis - Toxic Beauty
- Typical Ingredients - Natural Collection Light Body Lotion
- Emollients and Moisturizing Creams - Cosmetics Unmasked
- Wrinkles - Cosmetics Unmasked
- Aging Skin - Cosmetics Unmasked
- Can Breast Implants Make You Sick?
- The Untold Dangers of Synthetic Hair Extensions & Wigs (2021)
- The harsh truth about hair relaxers
- This is the new chapter of the black hair industry, and it’s pretty powerful
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Dermal fillers: The good, the bad, and the dangerous
- 'Insecure' Katie Price 'underwent brutal plastic surgery to maintain her career’
- What is chest binding and is it dangerous?
- Kim Kardashian West closing down KKW Beauty
- White Bees Wax
- Cosmetic Preservatives A-Z
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Cosmetics Unmasked - How Safe Are Colorants?
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Choosing Ingredients
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Colorants And Fragrances
- Toxic Beauty - Who's Looking At Cosmetics?
- Toxic Beauty - Hazardous To Your Health
- Chemicals Lingering In The Environment
- Potassium Sorbate
- Microbes and Safety Standards
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Fragrances
- Microbes and Cosmetics
- Synthetics In Cosmetics - The Industry Fights Back
- Fresh Goat's Milk Soap
- Active Ingredients
- Yellow Bees Wax