Is a broad spectrum preservative that has been certified by EcoCert for use in organic products with global acceptance. It is effective against gram negative and gram positive bacteria as well as yeasts and moulds. It is not a formaldehyde donor.
It is a blend of benzyl alcohol, salicylic acid, glycerine and sorbic acid, but because of the salicylic acid it is not recommended for use in leave-on products (like creams and lotions ) for children under 3 years of age. it is fine for rinse off products like shampoos for kids.
Reference:Creating Organic Skin Care/Mike Harmon
- Could ‘Hair Autonomy’ Be The Next Big Natural Hair Movement?
- 5 ways to reduce signs of ageing on your neck and décolleté – from skincare to treatments
- Think twice before asking for the Russian lip filler technique, warns expert
- Microfeathering Is The Latest Way To Nab Those Bushy Cara-Esque Brows
- Indian TV star Chethana Raj dies aged 21 after fat removal surgery
- Apple cider vinegar benefits
- Majority of Black British women suffer side effects from hair relaxers such as burnt scalp, study finds
- Is sulfate bad for your hair? The experts weigh in
- Lactic Acid - Sounds Scary But Could It Be The Secret To Your Smoothest Skin Yet?
- Hair loss: The six main factors that cause hair loss and what you can do about them
- Calling a man bald is sexual harassment, employment tribunal rules
- Scientists Claim They Can Make Human Skin Act 30 Years Younger
- What is collagen good for?
- How to treat age spots on hands, according to a dermatologist
- Wait, So We’re Not Supposed To Use Oils On Natural Hair?
- What is Centella Asiatica and how does it benefit your skin?
- What is collagen and do the drinks really work? The experts weigh in
- Hair Syrup Is The Cult Pre-Wash Treatment Delivering Your Glossiest Hair Yet
- CBD & Retinol Are The “Most Impressive” Combo In Skincare
- Mercury ‘widespread’ in face creams sold online, according to new report
- White Bees Wax
- Cosmetic Preservatives A-Z
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Cosmetics Unmasked - How Safe Are Colorants?
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Choosing Ingredients
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Colorants And Fragrances
- Toxic Beauty - Who's Looking At Cosmetics?
- Chemicals Lingering In The Environment
- Toxic Beauty - Hazardous To Your Health
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Fragrances
- Microbes and Safety Standards
- Potassium Sorbate
- Microbes and Cosmetics
- Synthetics In Cosmetics - The Industry Fights Back
- Fresh Goat's Milk Soap
- Active Ingredients
- Yellow Bees Wax