What Is It?
Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol and Caprylyl Glycol are 1,2-glycol compounds that vary only by the number of carbons. Each of these compounds has a hydroxyl group (-OH) on the first and second carbons. Pentylene Glycol has 5 carbons, 1,2-Hexandiol has 6 carbons and Caprylyl Glycol has 8 carbons in the carbon chain. In cosmetics and personal care products, these ingredients may be used in baby products, bath products, eye makeup, cleansing products, skin care products and hair care products.
The following functions have been reported for the 1,2-glycol ingredients:
- Dissolving lip fillers? An aesthetic doctor explains what you need to know
- Corn Starch Uses
- L'Oreal To Remove Words Like 'Whitening' From Its Skincare Products
- Is Your Bath Giving You The Itch? - Toxic Beauty
- Preservatives - Toxic Beauty
- Chemical nasty: Kathon CG - Toxic Beauty
- Adverse Effects Of 20 Common Fragrance Materials - Toxic Beauty
- What is Skin? Cosmetics Unmasked