'Insecure' Katie Price 'underwent brutal plastic surgery to maintain her career’
Katie Price underwent surgery as she felt “insecure” and wants to “maintain her looks for her career”, a source has told OK!
Katie, 43, unveiled the results of her new surgery on Friday's Good Morning Britain and listed the procedures that she received in Turkey.
Now, a source tells OK!: “Katie felt insecure recently and just wanted to feel back to her old self.
“She’s admitted she’s put on weight and struggled to lose it after her foot injury. It’s also about maintaining her looks for her career.”
It comes after Katie made her first TV appearance on GMB after travelling to the red-list country to go under the knife.
Listing what she had done exactly, Katie said: "Full body liposuction, then I had some of my own fat put in my bum and now my mum says your bum looks like a shelf - I can put all the glasses on it now!"
The mum-of-five, who said that she still has stitches and "hasn't healed", also had eye and lip surgery.
Katie said she's “knackered” and wanted to transform herself.
She said: “It’s like a car – you have an MOT. If you get a scratch or a dent, you fix it, and that’s how I feel with my body.
"I’m not trying to look younger and I definitely don’t want that alien look – when people go over the top and look like freaks.”
She added: “Having surgery isn’t fun and games, it is painful and it’s irreversible… Everyone’s got imperfections, I could go over the top but I don’t want to look like a freak. "
On getting the surgery done in Turkey during the pandemic, she added: “I went to a red country, but I’m working, I’m doing my YouTube, had two jabs, done all my tests.
"I knew it would be being at the hospital, then flying to an amber country and staying in a villa away from everyone.”
Katie also slammed claims she’s addicted to surgery.
She said: “I’m not addicted, but if people want to say I’ve got body dysmorphia, just say it, even my mum says it – ‘You need to see somebody, you’re not normal in the head, are you?’
"I said, ‘Mum, if you could have your face done again, you would but you can’t because you’re terminally ill at the moment, you used to have Botox, this and that.’”
Reference: OK : Kat Romero
- A Derm Explains The Link Between COVID & Allergic Reactions To Hair Dye
- What is hyperpigmentation and how can you treat your skin? From serums to laser
- Linda Evangelista: I have been 'permanently deformed' by fat-freezing procedure
- Chrissy Teigen reveals she's had fat removed from her face
- Skin Lightners - Toxic Beauty
- Hair Dyes and Contact Dermatitis - Toxic Beauty
- Some Chemicals Associated With Contact Dermatitis - Toxic Beauty
- Typical Ingredients - Natural Collection Light Body Lotion
- Emollients and Moisturizing Creams - Cosmetics Unmasked
- Wrinkles - Cosmetics Unmasked
- Aging Skin - Cosmetics Unmasked
- Can Breast Implants Make You Sick?
- The Untold Dangers of Synthetic Hair Extensions & Wigs (2021)
- The harsh truth about hair relaxers
- This is the new chapter of the black hair industry, and it’s pretty powerful
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Dermal fillers: The good, the bad, and the dangerous
- 'Insecure' Katie Price 'underwent brutal plastic surgery to maintain her career’
- What is chest binding and is it dangerous?
- Kim Kardashian West closing down KKW Beauty
- White Bees Wax
- Cosmetic Preservatives A-Z
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Cosmetics Unmasked - How Safe Are Colorants?
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Choosing Ingredients
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Colorants And Fragrances
- Toxic Beauty - Who's Looking At Cosmetics?
- Toxic Beauty - Hazardous To Your Health
- Chemicals Lingering In The Environment
- Potassium Sorbate
- Microbes and Safety Standards
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Fragrances
- Microbes and Cosmetics
- Synthetics In Cosmetics - The Industry Fights Back
- Fresh Goat's Milk Soap
- Active Ingredients
- Yellow Bees Wax