British woman, 28, dies two days after liposuction surgery in Turkey
A British woman who travelled to Turkey to have liposuction surgery has died two days after the operation took place.
Diarra Akua Eunice Brown, 28, had travelled to Istanbul to have the surgery at a clinic in the suburb of Bahcelievler on October 22.
The operation was initially a success, but Brown fell 'suddenly ill' two days after the surgery while having her dressings changed and died within hours.
The doctor who performed the surgery, identified in Turkish media only as S.G.B., has since been arrested and a criminal investigation is underway.
S.G.B has been questioned by police, and told them that Brown suffered no ill effects after the operation and had been discharged the next day.
He said she had returned a day later to have her dressings changed, but her condition quickly deteriorated.
© Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo
The medic added that he had no idea what had caused her sudden illness. The investigation is ongoing.
A post-mortem examination has been carried out, though the results have not yet been made public, and Brown's body has been returned to the UK for burial.
Social media posts from family and friends paid tribute to her, describing her as a 'beautiful soul' and a 'close friend'.
'This must be a dream,' one post said. 'Still can’t come to terms with this yet.'
'I miss you angel. I'm devastated you were taken away way before your time,' said another.
A third suggested that Diarra had been a nursery worker, though this has not been confirmed by MailOnline.
Reference: Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
- Is sulfate bad for your hair? The experts weigh in
- Lactic Acid - Sounds Scary But Could It Be The Secret To Your Smoothest Skin Yet?
- Hair loss: The six main factors that cause hair loss and what you can do about them
- Calling a man bald is sexual harassment, employment tribunal rules
- Scientists Claim They Can Make Human Skin Act 30 Years Younger
- What is collagen good for?
- How to treat age spots on hands, according to a dermatologist
- Wait, So We’re Not Supposed To Use Oils On Natural Hair?
- What is Centella Asiatica and how does it benefit your skin?
- What is collagen and do the drinks really work? The experts weigh in
- Hair Syrup Is The Cult Pre-Wash Treatment Delivering Your Glossiest Hair Yet
- CBD & Retinol Are The “Most Impressive” Combo In Skincare
- Mercury ‘widespread’ in face creams sold online, according to new report
- Microdosing Is The Latest Trend Skincare Experts Swear By
- SkinSchool: How to treat body breakouts
- Insta’s Contouring Obsession Made Me Ashamed Of My Nose — But Not Anymore
- Best Hair Primer
- Everything you need to know about lymphatic drainage - beauty's hottest new trend
- Are you using hair SPF? Why sun protection for our tresses can't be overlooked
- Struggle with shadow and liner on hooded eyes? These are the makeup tips you need to know
- Cosmetic Preservatives A-Z
- White Bees Wax
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Cosmetics Unmasked - How Safe Are Colorants?
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Choosing Ingredients
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Colorants And Fragrances
- Toxic Beauty - Who's Looking At Cosmetics?
- Toxic Beauty - Hazardous To Your Health
- Chemicals Lingering In The Environment
- Microbes and Safety Standards
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Fragrances
- Potassium Sorbate
- Microbes and Cosmetics
- Synthetics In Cosmetics - The Industry Fights Back
- Fresh Goat's Milk Soap
- Active Ingredients
- Yellow Bees Wax