What Is It?
Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol and Caprylyl Glycol are 1,2-glycol compounds that vary only by the number of carbons. Each of these compounds has a hydroxyl group (-OH) on the first and second carbons. Pentylene Glycol has 5 carbons, 1,2-Hexandiol has 6 carbons and Caprylyl Glycol has 8 carbons in the carbon chain. In cosmetics and personal care products, these ingredients may be used in baby products, bath products, eye makeup, cleansing products, skin care products and hair care products.
The following functions have been reported for the 1,2-glycol ingredients:
- Is sulfate bad for your hair? The experts weigh in
- Lactic Acid - Sounds Scary But Could It Be The Secret To Your Smoothest Skin Yet?
- Hair loss: The six main factors that cause hair loss and what you can do about them
- Calling a man bald is sexual harassment, employment tribunal rules
- Scientists Claim They Can Make Human Skin Act 30 Years Younger
- What is collagen good for?
- How to treat age spots on hands, according to a dermatologist
- Wait, So We’re Not Supposed To Use Oils On Natural Hair?
- What is Centella Asiatica and how does it benefit your skin?
- What is collagen and do the drinks really work? The experts weigh in
- Hair Syrup Is The Cult Pre-Wash Treatment Delivering Your Glossiest Hair Yet
- CBD & Retinol Are The “Most Impressive” Combo In Skincare
- Mercury ‘widespread’ in face creams sold online, according to new report
- Microdosing Is The Latest Trend Skincare Experts Swear By
- SkinSchool: How to treat body breakouts
- Insta’s Contouring Obsession Made Me Ashamed Of My Nose — But Not Anymore
- Best Hair Primer
- Everything you need to know about lymphatic drainage - beauty's hottest new trend
- Are you using hair SPF? Why sun protection for our tresses can't be overlooked
- Struggle with shadow and liner on hooded eyes? These are the makeup tips you need to know
- Cosmetic Preservatives A-Z
- White Bees Wax
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Cosmetics Unmasked - How Safe Are Colorants?
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Choosing Ingredients
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Colorants And Fragrances
- Toxic Beauty - Who's Looking At Cosmetics?
- Toxic Beauty - Hazardous To Your Health
- Chemicals Lingering In The Environment
- Microbes and Safety Standards
- Cosmetics Unmasked - Fragrances
- Potassium Sorbate
- Microbes and Cosmetics
- Synthetics In Cosmetics - The Industry Fights Back
- Fresh Goat's Milk Soap
- Active Ingredients
- Yellow Bees Wax